Package Drop Vault
Package Drop Vault
Install this modern mail slot in an external wall and secure incoming mail or packages with the patented Security Drop Door. The Package Drop Vault Plus includes a lockable collection area.
dVault’s Package Drop Vault is a secure wall mount mailbox designed to fit between studs in an exterior wall for permanent installation of a package mail slot. If you do not need an in wall package drop, browse our full line of quality package drop boxes.
Residential: This modern mail slot delivers mail and packages securely through an exterior wall to collect loosely on a table or in a basket on the floor. While the security door offers a compartment for outgoing mail, it does not include a postal flag.The Package Drop Vault (top portion of the DVWM0062SA) offers secure package or mail collection. Easily installs in exterior residential walls including entry or garage walls.
Commercial: The Package Drop Vault is great for businesses that wish to accept mail and packages to the without granting access to the building. Perfectly designed to fit between 16” wall studs, this secure wall mount mailbox offers a simple, functional, and safe method of receiving deliveries in your business.
- Made of 16 gauge galvanized steel.
- Delivery door mechanism is set forward 4” for flush mount with exterior wall.
- Fits between wall studs (16” centers).
- Compartment for outgoing mail.
- Commercial grade powder coat finish resists rust.
- Security Drop Door—US Patent 6,347,737
- Stainless steel hinges.
Five Available Colors:
Choose from black, white, gray, sand and copper vein. See more full examples and installations examples below.
- Wall mount
- Dimensions—14.5” W x 17.5” H x 21” D
- Weight—36 Lbs.
- Maximum Package Size Dimensions: 13.0″ W x 8.0″ H x 11.25″ D
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do you have a catalog?dVault has made the environmentally responsible decision not to print paper catalogs. Instead, the company provides detailed product information on dvault.com. This decision helps the environment and reduces costs to all.
How are units shipped?Smaller locking mailboxes (Mail Protector Vault, Weekend Away Vault, Parcel Protector Vault, Package Drop Vault and Package Drop Vault Plus) ship via Fed Ex Ground. Larger units (Package Service Delivery Vault, Secure Collection Unit, Full Service Curbside Delivery Vault) ship on small pallets via Fed Ex Freight.
When are units shipped?Most locking mailboxes are shipped within two business days of order receipt.
Advice on finding someone to install a dVault product:Ask your contractor or handyman. Installation services are also available at The Home Depot or Lowe’s.
Are replacement parts available?Yes. All dVault units feature replacement parts. Please contact dVault Customer Service.
Will Fed Ex and UPS deliver to dVault mailboxes?Yes. Simply show the delivery agent where the unit is located and provide written authorization for delivery agent to place packages in dVault unstamped locking mailboxes. Can I cover dVault mailboxes with regular brick, stucco or other materials? Yes, however you must properly prepare all surfaces. Thin brick, stone and other materials may be used allowing your dVault unit to blend into architectural and landscaping themes. Ask your home improvement contractor for specific recommendations. Importantly, do NOT cover the secure-Drop Door with any materials. Doing so will undermine the operation and sealing of the door.
Are extra totes available for the Secure Collection Unit (Model DVCS0023)?Yes. Extra totes are available for purchase. Contact a dVault reseller for pricing.
WALL PASS THRU UNITS - TOP VAULT INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
Tools and/or Materials Required (not provided):
- 4, 3/8” X 2 1/2” Rounded Head Bolts with Flat/Locking Washers and Nuts.
- 4, 10/32” X 1/2” Machine Screws [Provided With Optional Hold – Sold Separately].
- Framing Materials (2 x 4’s, shims, flashing, etc.).
- Framing Tools (hammer, saw, square, level, etc.).
- ½ inch open/box end wrench or socket set and screw driver set.
- Other tools/materials may also be necessary depending upon actual installation.
Installation Procedure:General Installation: Wall Pass Thru units may be installed in finished or unfinished walls (such as a garage wall). IMPORTANT NOTE: If installation is intended for a finished wall, it is very important to consult with licensed professionals. Finished walls may conceal electrical, plumbing or other elements that may be hazardous requiring licensed professional installation. Other installations such as pillars or gated entryways may require a mason or ironworker. Always consult with a professional prior to installing your wall-mount unit. After unit placement and height is determined (allowing for package drop hold, if also being installed now, or in the future), cut a 14 5/8”W x 17 5/8”H hole in the wall. The wall-mount unit must be properly framed and anchored to the structure (proper framing may include the following: square, level, shims, etc).
- Determine the location of the unit. Contact your local post office and/or courier service(s) before installing the unit to ensure its correct placement and height.
- After proper framing, install top unit (security-drop door) and position unit in its new frame. Determine depth of unit (example: flush mount with the walls exterior siding or allowing for trim work, if any). Drill four 3/8” holes where indicated by the four square holes located in the front door frame of the unit and install four rounded head bolts (3/8” X 2 1/2” rounded head bolts) with flat/locking washers and nuts so that the washers and nuts are on the frame side of the unit (If properly installed, only the top of the round head bolts may be visible from the outside when the security-drop door is opened). Note: Additional shimming may be necessary for proper leveling and fit.
- Check installation for airways and gaps that may require insulation, flashing, sealing and/or trim work.
- Install optional package drop hold (if purchased) with four machine screws and speed nuts (4, 10/32” X 1/2”). Install speed nuts in TOP VAULT by aligning with holes, sliding material into speed nut opening until speed nut holes are directly aligned with top vault holes [If properly installed, screws will pass through bottom hold up and through speed nuts installed in top vault]. Depending on actual installation, it may be necessary to properly anchor the package drop hold unit to the structure. It is recommended that the package drop hold be installed so that it sits on a flat sold surface.
Assemble top vault to bottom hold using 4 x 10/32” machine screws.